鲁教版八年级(上) Unit 4 Section B
I was sorry to hear that ……
2. had a cold = catch a cold
3. are in good health = are healthy 身体健康
4. end-of –year exams 期末考试
5. get nervous 感到不安
6. be nervous of sth / doing sth
eg. I am nervous of making a speech in public.
7. have a hard time表示“处境困难”，常用于have a hard time doing sth.结构。例如：
I had a hard time finding you.
Do you have a hard time with your study?
8. be surprised to do sth / at sth
【例句】 The news is true.
He is a true gentleman.
She speaks true.
Is it true that you are going to the US for vacation?
Is this real leather?
Answer the following questions.
1. How many news did Alan mentioned in this letter?
2. His science teacher said he was lazy, was it true?
No, it wasn’t true.
3. Did he study hard with math?
Yes, he did.
3b Pretend to be Scott. Use the information from activity 2b to write a letter to a relative or a friend about your report card.
I got my report card today.
My math teacher said that I was hard-working. My Spanish teacher said I was good at speaking. My history is not so good. The teacher said I should do better. My science teacher said I was a lazy student. I’ll have to try harder at science.
3c Write your own report card. (Have fun. You don’t have to tell the truth!) Then write a letter to a relative or a friend about your report card.
This is my report card. My math teacher said I was lazy. Please don’t worry about me.
I can catch up with other students. My English teacher said I was good at speaking and listening. I should more practice writing and reading. My Chinese teacher said I was good. My science teacher said I did best.
Math teacher: Wang Lin is very hard- working.
History teacher: Wang Lin is very lazy.
English teacher: Wang Lin is hard- working.
Science teacher: Wang Lin should do better.
A: How was your report?
B: Well, my math teacher said that I was hard-working.
A: Really? You’re lucky. My math teacher said I was lazy.
I. 请根据句意及首字母提示, 用适当的单词完成下列句子。
1. I often get n______ before big parties.
2. You shouldn’t c____ your friend’s homework.
3. Old Henry often sends some money to the children in p____ countries.
4. His grandfather lives in a small v_____ alone.
5. Her parents have a strong i________ on her.
1. Ben and his sister are good at English.
Ben and his sister ___ ___ __ English.
2. Lana’s grandparents are healthy.
Lana’s grandparents are __ _____ _____.
3. I can’t do anything about it.
I _____ do _________ about it.
do well in
in good health
4. Not only she but also her husband thought this was a good idea.
_____ she _____ her husband thought this was a good idea.
5. You should stay at home and take care of your sick mother.
You should stay at home and ____ ____ your sick mother.
1. 上学期我数学学得很吃力。(have a hard time with)
2. 我们每年都派出100名医生去帮助非洲那些生病的人。(send ... to)
We send 100 doctors to help the sick people in Africa every year.
Last semester I had a hard time with math.
3. 稀薄的空气使孩子们感到难受。(feel sick)
4. 上个周末她和丈夫大吵了一架。(have a big fight)
The thin air makes the children feel sick.
She had a big fight with her husband last weekend.
Most people think young people today need to experience some different things.
Thank you for listening!